Job Function Others
Experience Level Entry Level
Primary Location: Marshfield , Missouri
Employment Status: Full-Time
Pay Grade: CLS-2
Hourly – Non-exempt
1st shift – 5am to 3:30pm
Monday to Thursday 4/10, overtime on Friday/Saturday
$17.75 an hour
Prorated 2 weeks/80 hours of vacation and 3 sick days, 9 paid holidays, STD
LTD, 401k match, medical/RX, dental, vison, life insurance and more
Will work for the 2020 Business of the Year recipient, from the Marshfield Area Chamber of Commerce
$1,000 retention bonus, after 1 year of employment
$3,000 relocation bonus, if move 100+ miles
- This position is responsible for safely producing and finishing solid and veneered wood products advanced machinery, hand tools, and sanding equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Production needs include but are not limited to customer orders, inventory, product samples, and product development prototypes.
- Responsible for the safety and well-being of self as well as all associates within the facility.
- High attention to detail, accuracy and quality of work.
- Oversee the operation of the machine ensuring safe work practices as well as keeping the work area a safe work environment for all that work or enter the area.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Dependable, punctual, good attendance.
- Ability to interact well with others in the common pursuit of working safely while producing material that meets all quality attributes and standards.
- Must be able to read Safety Data Sheets (SDS) sheet
- Some knowledge of wood products and finishing preferred.
- 1-3 years of past manufacturing experience preferred.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Plant Environment – This position operates in a manufacturing setting and can be subject to occasional hot/cold temperatures; uneven walking surfaces with cords, tools and other obstacles; intermittent loud noises; and dusty or dirty conditions. Required PPE at this time: safety glasses, hearing protection, steel toe shoes and other department PPE. Other PPE available upon request.
This position is not exposed to adverse environmental conditions. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. PPE as required.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of GED or High School diploma.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Prefer: OSHA 10 hour training,
- Individual Contributor 1-6
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
About the Location (Marshfield, MO)
Architectural Components Group, Inc. (ACGI), a subsidiary of Armstrong World Industries, Inc. (AWI). ACGI one of eleven AWI plants in North America. Our Marshfield plant in south western Missouri is conveniently located within 3 hours to large cities such as Tulsa, Kansas City, and St. Louis as well as within 30 minutes to the smaller city of Springfield. However, it’s rural attributes serve to also attract outdoorsmen and nature enthusiasts. Eight large lakes are within an hour’s drive, two smaller lakes are within 30 minutes. All offer an array of outdoor opportunities including fishing, boating, skiing, and sailing. Hiking, biking, wildlife areas, streams, and other river opportunities are within a short drive including the Niangua and Compton Hollow Conservation Areas just outside of Marshfield’s city limits.
Job Segment: Industrial, Manufacturing
Equal Opportunity Employer: ACGI, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans