Job Function Others
Experience Level Entry Level
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB
This position is the focal point in the branch for sales, service and/or referral opportunities in support of the overall branch goals and striving to make lifelong relationships with our customers. This position services existing customers and assists customers with transactions. As part of a team, Personal Bankers will play a vital role in living our commitment to the highest ethical standards and maintain the values trusted by our customers and communities.
EXPECTATIONS OF ALL SOUTHERN BANK TEAM MEMBERS
- Southern Bank team members are a family, rooted in the communities we serve and working together to be the best in our industry, utilizing innovative ideas and strong products. The Southern Bank Patch illustrates these ideals.
- Ensures the confidentiality of customer non-public personal information and secures information systems to comply with bank regulations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Develops new customer relationships and/or retains and expands existing relationships by proactively identifying customer opportunities utilizing fundamentals of cross-selling to achieve personal and branch goals;
- Participates in a welcoming lobby experience, working with or directing customers to an appropriate team member based upon their identified needs and encourages utilization of products when necessary;
- Takes ownership of the customer experience, including opening accounts, cross-selling other products and resolving issues as appropriate;
- Builds new customer relationships through frequent interactions with customers; proactively contacts customers to ensure customer satisfaction;
- Proactively educates customers on utilizing available access channels;
- Actively participates in business development opportunities (e.g. phone out-reach, community events or groups, meetings with local businesses) to establish visibility in the community and drive business to the branch;
- Assists in resolving difficult customer situations effectively, while delivering friendly customer service and ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction;
- Maintains thorough knowledge of bank policy and procedures required, including but not limited to processing retail and commercial transactions, ATM/ITM settlement, night depository, vault cash, safe deposit, opening/closing procedures, ordering cash, and preparation of cash for shipment and receipt of cash shipment;
- Maintains thorough knowledge of bank regulatory requirements included but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Customer Privacy and Information Security;
- Maintains proficiency in all bank products and services throughout all delivery channels including; but not limited to, deposit products and electronic services as well as loan products;
- Maintains trustworthiness, character, professionalism, confidentiality and honesty in dealing with internal or external customers;
- Adheres to Southern Bank Telephone Standards, supporting a favorable environment for open communication and addresses concerns or problems in an open manner;
- Maintains attendance with the ability to work a schedule that may include working overtime, nights, weekends and holidays;
- May be asked to assist at various branches across Southern Bank’s footprint; and,
- Completes and performs any other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated positive and helpful attitude toward both internal and external customers;
- Good interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to use effective communication skills, understand procedures, and speak clearly to customers, employees and supervisors;
- Good computer skills; and,
- Excellent customer service skills
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Building Trust – Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
Customer Focus – Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
Contributing to Team Success – Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
Applied Learning – Assimilating and applying new job-related information in a timely manner.
Building Customer Loyalty – Effectively meeting customer needs; building productive customer relationships; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Managing Work (includes Time Management) – Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
Sales Ability/Persuasiveness – Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea from prospects and clients.