- Starting pay is $15.00 to $18.00 an hour for a Manager depending upon experience.
- Earn an additional $.50 cents per hour from Mid-night to 6 a.m. (see company policy upon accepting a position).
- Health Insurance is available within 90 days of your starting date.
Job Function Administration Support
Experience Level Management Level
Job Specific Benefits
Temp-Stop started in 1998 and has grown to 10 Convenience Store locations and 2 Liquor Stores. WE NEED YOU TO BE A PART OF OUR FAMILY!
Statement of the Job
A Store Manager/Kitchen Manager/Assistant Manager oversees the convenience store and food operations of a truck stop according to company policies and procedures to ensure maximum sales and profitability. He/She supervises personnel within the store. We pay managers hourly, so get paid for what you work, rather than those other companies that abuse and put you on salary.
Have responsibility for the successful operation of the company store.Be able to perform all duties and responsibilities expected of any store associate and all other duties assigned or requested.Be responsible for meeting or exceeding store guidelines. This includes inventory, cash shortages, and budgeted hours.Develop and maintain a time schedule to adequately cover staffing needs to ensure maximum customer satisfaction and store cleanliness, while remaining within budget guidelines.Perform all administrative duties in an accurate, complete, and timely manner; including all required reports.Follow all corporate cash procedures, and strictly enforce corporate cash policies in the store.Manager customer relations in an efficient and courteous manner and provide for maximum customer satisfaction.Be responsible for overall store maintenance and immediately inform the general manager of all major equipment problems.Be responsible for enforcement of all company policies and procedures within the store.Be responsible for adhering to all local, state, and federal laws on aspects of store operations.Be responsible for store safety.Make sure that the store is properly stocked with product at all times, and there are adequate store supplies.Monitor facility gasoline inventories and properly report discrepancies.Interview, select, and hire store personnel using company-approved approaches and provide new employee training.Periodically conduct performance evaluations of employees.As necessary, counsel and/or discipline store associates, keeping in mind company policies and procedures.Terminate store associates as necessary, in conformance with company policies and procedures.Attend all manager meetings and required training sessions, and conduct regular employee meetings. Openly communicate with management on important issues.
Starting pay is $15.00 to $18.00 an hour for a Manager depending upon experience. If you have advanced management experience, starting pay can be higher.
Earn an additional $.50 cents per hour from Mid-night to 6 a.m. (see company policy upon accepting a position).
Earn a performance review in a little as 90 days, with annual reviews thereafter.
Health Insurance is available within 90 days of your starting date.
Vacation Pay, Over-time pay over 40 hours, Annual Bonus based upon store profits, Over-time pay for those that work the Holidays.
The function of the manager is to perform the following duties in a friendly and professional manner ensuring a high level of customer service and store appearance as well as the items above:.
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Customer Service
- Running a cash register, this includes accountability for cash, lottery tickets, cash cards, etc.
- Completing shift report
- Cleaning (windows, floors, bathrooms, emptying trash containers, etc.)
- Stocking shelves and coolers
- Sweeping and mopping floors
- Checking product in as it is delivered from vendors
- Yard maintenance (sweeping, shoveling, painting, checking gas wells, etc.)
- Other tasks assigned by management
- Ability to communicate with associates and guests
- Ability to count, read and write accurately to complete required paperwork
- Wear required store uniform
- Available weekend, evening shifts and holidays
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must attend mandatory meetings (i.e. T.A.M., sexual harassment)
- Physical Requirements
- Frequent bending, reaching, lifting of 1 to 15 lbs
- Be able to lift up to 50lbs on occasion
- Reaching above shoulder height and bending below waist
- Be able to freely access all areas of the store
- Move quickly around store
- We are an equal opportunity employer. We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information or any other legally protected status.