Job Function Others
Experience Level Entry Level
The maintenance supervisor directs and supervises highway maintenance activities. Responsibilities are performed under
High School Diploma or GED/HiSET
Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License with tanker endorsement, no air brake restrictions, and interstate status (either
Excepted Interstate [EI] or Non-Excepted Interstate [NI]).
Seven years of progressively responsible experience performing roadway, roadside, bridge, sign maintenance or
pavement marking responsibilities.
Special Working Conditions/Job Characteristics:
Job requires moderate physical activity.
Job requires exposure to physical hazards, health and safety risks, and/or adverse or otherwise undesirable
characteristics in the environment.
Job may require operation of vehicles to plow snow and spread ice control materials.
Examples of Work:
- Directs routine and emergency maintenance operations for a region, including materials, equipment, personnel and
- Assesses the general condition and surface maintenance needs of bridges and roadways.
- Investigates and responds to public inquiries and complaints regarding road, bridge and right of way conditions.
- Maintains purchase, supply, inventory, usage and materials records; maintains personnel records and reports.
- Provides training to employees on safety, equipment operations and maintenance procedures.
- Responds to roadway incidents, including during nights and weekends, and directs activities following traffic
accidents, snowfall, flooding, spills and other emergencies.
- Evaluates employee performance; makes recommendations on employment, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action
- Coordinates with utilities, contractors, municipal public works departments and private individuals on roadway issues.
- Inspects bridges and roadways to determine maintenance needs, work progress and results of completed work.
- Performs supervisory responsibilities in a manner consistent with the department’s Affirmative Action Program.
- Performs other responsibilities as required or assigned.
In order to be considered for this vacancy please go to the Missouri Department of Transportation Employment
Application System (EAS) and submit an on-line application. Applications, and if applicable transcripts, must be
received by no later than 11:55 pm of the closing date listed on the advertised vacancy.
MoDOT is primarily conducting telephone interviews due to social distancing requirements at this time. For
applicants being interviewed who are hearing or speech impaired and need assistance, we will coordinate with
the Missouri Relay System.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, MoDOT strictly enforces social distancing, face covering, and other safety
requirements to ensure the health and safety of our employees and those who we serve.
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
MoDOT does not hire individuals with F-1 OPT visas into full-time or permanent part-time positions and MoDOT
does not sponsor applicants for work visas.