Job Function Administration Support
Experience Level Management Level
The Maintenance Personager is responsible for all maintenance functions necessary to ensure efficient plant operations: manufacturing, OEM equipment, utility services, chillers, HVAC, compressed air, electrical services, and building maintenance.
Maintenance Personager also provides coaching and skill development to the Maintenance and Operations teams in: loss elimination, risk management and life cycle asset management to sustain a proactive – planned maintenance program.
Other responsibilities include training, coaching and assessing mechanics on maintenance & technical related elements using TPM as the multi-disciplined approach to establish “Continuous Improvement and Zero Loss” culture, preparing the yearly budget in addition to supervision and regulatory compliance of the environmental program, project installation, modification, or renovation of building and equipment.
- Guide maintenance support of production to reduce technical stoppages in equipment or areas of common occurrence (priority given to areas of highest incidence or impact). Ensure the systematic review all line, processes, and utilities that are critical to the business and those where failure can have an unacceptable impact on safety, personnel safety, food safety, environment, or compliance with the law.
- Monitor plant/equipment trends to ensure best possible operation and reduction of planned/unplanned downtime.
- Propose and monitor key performance indicators in accordance with the Best Maintenance Practices.
- Facilitate the evolution/refinement of Maintenance activities to minimize planned and unplanned downtime (PM’s, changeovers, etc.).
- Ensure the implementation of all repairs/modifications resulting from gap assessments, plant audits, and notifications are executed on time and offer a high quality workmanship.
- Ensure that the job planning, material and services planning is accurate and effective.
- Ensure that the equipment history, damage code and root cause analysis are completed correctly.
- Develop and lead a network of Factory SME’s (subject matter experts). Train and guide them in the implementation and leadership of the Plant Reliability program.
- Evaluate the performance of team members and provide periodic feedback to ensure development.
- Share maintenance-related best practices across all shifts and work teams
- Collaborate with project managers/engineers, suppliers, contractors, and plant partners to ensure customer needs are met.
- Encourage close team work between all functions (Production, Quality, Sanitation, etc.).
- Researches electrical/control systems, equipment and processes to improve plant operations.
- Conduct regular inspections of plant to seek out potential problems and to solicit operator feedback.
- Consolidate and analyze maintenance budgets, drive value-added and sustainable improvements with the assistance of Project/Engineering Managers.
- Manage the spare parts inventory, scheduled Work Orders, labor hour allocation and the equipment Bill of Material.
- Support and back-fill the roll-out and sustainability of TPM-PM Pillar across all shifts
- Assures compliance with government regulatory agencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Process, Reliability, Chemical or other related field) preferred.
Minimum 5 years of maintenance leadership experience in a manufacturing environment and knowledge of Utilities, Facilities or Production equipment maintenance.
CMRP (Certified Maintenance & Reliability Professional) or Direct experience with Maintenance Planning preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong technical and leadership skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Ability to lead, motivate and develop others; Able to organize, coordinate, and direct users and teams.
- Knowledge of TPM / PM Tools including:
- Asset Management Software (MVP Preferred)
- Breakdown Analysis;
- Reliability Center Maintenance Practices
- Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- PM Optimization
- Predictive Maintenance Technologies including (infrared, ultrasonic, vibration analysis, etc…)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of regulatory requirements for food safety.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Proficient of computer programs such as Microsoft Office.
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing demands.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of the cost drivers of Maintenance in manufacturing operations.
- Good working knowledge of CMMS systems (MVP, SAP, Maximo) with the ability to mine and analyze data for trends/reports.
- Results Focus: Strong impact to operations performance. The role requires discipline to meet performance objectives
- Lead People: Strong skills leading direct reports in order to promote operating efficiency
- Proactive Cooperation: Ensure that the maintenance team operates in a multi-functional team with clear and open communication with other areas
- Service Orientation: Understand the customer’s expectations and needs and provide them high quality service
Related keywords: maintenance personager, maintenance supervisor, maintenance, facilities manager, manager
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $72,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year
- Day shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Supervising Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
- One location
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place