Job Function Social Worker
Job Location: There are openings in Hermitage, Buffalo and Marshfield, MO.
Key Responsibilities include:
Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with partnering agencies who serve children and families
Assist families to attain and maintain stability through appropriate casework, home management or referral for more skilled counseling treatment
Interacts with law enforcement and juvenile officers, other public officials, and community organizations regarding family and children issues
Represent Children’s Division during court hearings and other meetings related to case work.
Respond to the needs of children in their homes and throughout the community, providing transportation, if needed
- Ability to work a combination evening/weekend shift (with shift differential)
- Excellent problem-solving and time management skills
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Availability to be in the “on call” rotation one weekend a month.
- Ability to travel throughout the State of Missouri as needed
- A Bachelor’s or higher level degree from an accredited college or university. A degree in Social Work or comparable human services field is preferred; however, applicants with an unrelated Bachelor’s degree, but possessing direct relevant experience and/or competencies may be allowed substitutions on a case-by-case basis, and possession of a valid vehicle operator’s license.
To view the full job description click here: https://oa2.mo.gov/personnel/job-class/13ss10-associate-social-services-specialist
If you experience an accessibility issue while applying at mocareers.mo.gov, please contact:
Courtney Hall at 573-526-0416 or Courtney.A.Hall@dss.mo.gov
If you have questions about this position please contact: email@example.com
The State of Missouri is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.