Job Function Others
Experience Level Entry Level
- Perform a wide range of semi-skilled maintenance duties including, carpentry, plumbing, electric, concrete construction, and equipment maintenance at Montauk Lodge, cabins, campground and historic buildings such Montauk Mill and other areas as assigned.
- Operate and maintain lawn mowers, tractors, skid loader, trucks, chain saws, leaf blowers, string trimmers and similar mechanical equipment.
- Routine cleaning of restrooms, cabins, campsites, and park grounds.
- Provide information to park guests regarding park facilities, rules and regulations while working in the field.
- Trail maintenance work including trimming vegetation, removing fallen trees, and trail surface repair.
- Assists with prescribed burns, wild fire suppression, and other natural or cultural activities at assigned facility or other facilities as directed.
- Supervise work-release offenders from the Missouri Department of Corrections.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, climb a ladder, and work on elevated areas.
- Must be able to lift 75+ lbs., repeatedly and work outdoors in inclement conditions and operate equipment for extended timeframes.
- Performs other related work as assigned.
Three or more years of experience in one or a combination of the following: construction, electrical, plumbing, or mechanical (heating and cooling, refrigeration, welding, engine repair, etc.) trades; farm work including the operation of farm machinery and/or construction of structures/enclosures; and possession of a high school diploma or proof of high school equivalency.
(Training in a formal program of instruction from an accredited school in one or more of the building, mechanical, or electrical trades may substitute on a year-for-year basis for a maximum of two years of the required experience at a rate of 3 high school credit hours, 30 earned credit hours, or 480 clock hours for one year.)
- Employee must have a valid vehicle operator’s license.
- Employee must complete MDC Level 1 Fire Training within 12 months of employment.
- This position must obtain the following certifications within 12 months of employment:
o Drinking System – I
o Drinking Water – D
o Wastewater Treatment D
Job Posting Number:
Number of Vacancies: