Job Function Technician
Experience Level Mid Level
Requisition Id: 477
Position Number: 0000512A
Salary: $26,172.00 – $32,064.00
Job Location: Montauk Hatchery (SALEM2)
Closing Date: June 25, 2019
Interview Location: Montauk Hatchery
To learn more about the job, feel free to contact the hiring supervisor- Thomas L Whelan at Tom.Whelan@mdc.mo.gov or at 573 5482585.
Support general hatchery and aquaculture operations to help maintain a hatchery and fisheries programs.
Essential Job Duties
- Monitor and ensure adequate aquaculture health, fish production, care, transport, and distribution.
- Follow assigned processes to remain compliant with policies and regulations.
- Assist with grounds maintenance, including cleaning, pond treatments, mowing, maintaining flowerbeds, etc.
- Conduct hatchery tours and presentations to school and/or public groups.
- Maintain accurate inventory of items and equipment.
- Perform general administrative functions, such as answering phones and emails, maintaining publications, research, purchasing supplies, etc.
Ancillary Job Duties
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One (1) year of related professional experience.
- Must maintain a valid, current driver’s license and Commercial Driver’s License.
- Pesticide Applicator’s License.
- Ability to pass an approved boating safety course and obtain a Missouri Boating Safety Certification Card within 6 months of employment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to operate boats, outboard motors, land maintenance equipment, power tools and large trucks pulling trailers.
- Ability to use office equipment, such as computer, calculator, camera, scanner and printer.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and perform data entry.
- Basic carpentry, mechanical and plumbing skills.
- Experience with fishery science and wildlife management.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to travel and work varying shifts, as required.
- Regularly work in outdoor temperatures, including wet, hot, and/or cold environments.
- Occasionally exposed to loud noises which may require the use of hearing protection.
- Move about grounds, both inside and outside of buildings.
- Regularly operate tools and other machinery and relocate machinery to other areas.
- Frequently communicate and exchange accurate information.
- Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more, three-dimensional vision, precise hand-eye coordination and the ability to identify and distinguish colors.
- Regularly lift up to 50 pounds, correctly lift up to 100 pounds.
- Concentrated attention is required at all times.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; an employee will also perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. The Missouri Department of Conservation reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Management reserves the right to change job descriptions, job duties, functions, and requirements.
Exemption Status/Special Notes
This position has been determined to be Nonexempt according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Employees must agree to accept compensatory time in lieu of cash payments in accordance with the Department’s Compensatory Time Off and Overtime Policy.
Smoking is Prohibited in all owned, rented, or leased Department of Conservation offices, buildings, and similar facilities in department aircraft and in vehicles.
The department of Conservation will only hire United States citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States.
All new employees will be required to complete an “Employment Eligibility Verification” (Form I-9) and produce requested documentation after employment.
Candidates seeking initial employment or re-employment must submit to a drug screen following offer of employment.
All persons employed with the state of Missouri shall file all state income tax forms and pay all state income taxes owed.