Job Function Health Care Specialist
Experience Level Entry Level
Southeast Missouri Behavioral Health is a community based, healthcare provider of substance abuse, mental health, and co-occurring disorder treatment services. The agency is certified by the Missouri Department of Mental Health, Division of Behavioral Health as a provider of Integrated Dual Disorder Treatment services and accredited through CARF as a provider of Integrated Alcohol and Other Drug and Mental Health services at all of its locations.
Southeast Missouri Behavioral Health is a growing company looking for motivated and energetic individuals interested in making a difference in the lives of our clients. We offer a full range of benefits along with opportunities for career growth and advancement.
Mission Statement: Southeast Missouri Behavioral Health will positively impact the health and well-being of every life we touch.
Vision Statement: Southeast Missouri Behavioral Health will be the mental health and substance abuse provider of choice by providing exceptional client care.
Values: Compassion for all clients, families, and communities we serve; accountability in our financial and healthcare practices; service as a theme for how we conduct our business in all aspects; and quality, which must be paramount to everything that we do.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, Nursing, Education or a qualifying combination of education and/or experience in the appropriate field. An essential element required of this position is accurate and timely recordkeeping and the ability to use various software products in an electronic health records system. Employees are required to maintain the certifications and/or licenses possessed when hired and those gained while an employee of this Agency.
Must pass background check provided for the agency by the U.S. Department of Justice and the Family Care Safety Registry which includes the Missouri State Highway Patrol, Department of Social Services, Department of Mental Health and Department of Health and Senior Services. Must not be on any “do not hire” list with the Department of Mental Health or the Missouri Division of Family Services. Must have reliable transportation. Must have a valid Class E Missouri Driver’s License. This job classification is covered under the agency’s Exposure Control Plan. Employees in this job classification may reasonably anticipate being occupationally exposed to infectious materials.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Possess skills in developing and fostering positive and productive consumer relationships (Therapeutic Relationship).
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate complex service systems to obtain needed multi-disciplinary services and resources for consumers.
- Possess a sensitivity and appropriate responsiveness to varying cultural characteristics and beliefs, realizing that cultural diversity contributes to the richness and quality of life.
- Demonstrates understanding of co-occurring addiction and mental illness diagnoses and their effects on the consumer’s whole health.
- Demonstrates a person-centered approach to care that builds on the strengths and resilience of individuals, families, and communities, to take responsibility for their sustained health, wellness, and recovery.
- Resourceful in the use of information and social services technologies for optimal care coordination.
- Able to document services appropriately using agency approved formats in an Electronic Health Records (EHR) system.
- Competent in the use of Missouri Department of Mental Health supported systems such as CIMOR and CyberAccess.
- Complete agency competencies training for Care Coordinators.
- Ability to pass a basic competencies examination following orientation and basic training.