Posted Jobs 0
History Chilton Oil Company was founded in 1959 by Stanley and Sherry Chilton in the form of a Phillips 66 service station in Ellington, MO. In 1966, the Chiltons moved to Salem and purchased League Brothers Oil Company which included a service station as well as a refined fuel delivery service. In the 1990s the fuel oil and gas station operations were sold in order to allow a greater focus on propane operations. It was also during this time that Chilton Oil expanded into the large-volume commercial market. This addition has given Chilton Oil the bulk buying power of a large company, while still allowing the company to retain the personal one-on-one service of a small, locally-owned business. Local ownership means that the company’s assets are reinvested into the community by hiring local people and doing business with other locally owned companies. In late 2013, Chilton Oil purchased the assets of Red Top Gas in Licking, MO in order to expand and better serve customers in the Licking and Houston areas. Chilton Oil also purchased an existing propane bulk plant and office in Ironton, MO and has begun expanding into the Arcadia Valley area. After the passing of founder Stanley Chilton in April 2010, the company continues to be owned and operated by his wife, Sherry, and the Sellers family, Jeff, Tammy, Alex, and Alayna.